All young people <18 must have parent/guardian permission to participate in #NYCEDU programs. Here is our process for following this rule.
Add this wording to all registration forms
If you are under 18, have your parent/guardian register for you so they can sign the waiver/permission form that is part of the registration process."
Require all registrants to sign the General Waiver and Media Release form in the online registration process. All registrants, including adult allies, must sign this form.
- Require individual participant information from every ticket holder
- Add Waivers to Flipcause event campaigns
Double-check after registrations that the waivers were signed correctly
Change the campaign internal notification settings to notify the organizer responsible for double-checking youth leaders waivers
Double-check the waivers of each ticket holder by clicking on the PDF in the internal notification and check that the birth date of the person who registered shows that they are over 18
Follow-up with anyone who hasn’t re-registered to remind them that they must have parent/guardian permission
Double-check at event sign-ins that young people <18 have parent/guardians who signed the waiver.
- Ask if they are under 18, and if they are, ask if they had their parent/guardian register for them online or if they have a physical copy of the waiver
- If they have a physical copy, take a picture of both sides and use the Add Document feature on Flipcause to upload their waiver
- If they did not, have them call up their parent/guardian and register them
- If they cannot get a parent/guardian to sign their waiver, they will unfortunately need to leave the event
Keep this #faq updated
The editable version of our General Waiver and Media Liability form is on Google Drive. Please keep it and How do we ensure all young people <18 have parent/guardian waivers? [TEMPLATE] updated!