Funders' Collaborative on Youth Organizing Youth Power Lab Webinar on November 6th, 2019 from 2-3:30pm

I’m very curious about the Youth Power Lab initiative by the Funders’ Collaborative on Youth Organizing (FCYO) and will be attending their webinar on November 6th, 2019 from 2-3:30pm to learn more. Anyone interested in joining or hearing about what I learn?

Details from The FCYO

Building the power to win will require youth organizing groups to develop long term strategy and operate with a deeper level of alignment across organizations. As a step in this direction, FCYO is partnering with the Alliance for Educational Justice , Power U Center for Social Change , Dream Defenders, Youth United for Change , and Poder in Action to organize the Youth Power Lab. Launching in 2020, the Youth Power Lab will give youth organizers the opportunity to engage in deep evaluations of their organization and the broader field, identify key shifts that we need to make in order to take advantage of this political period, and begin designing shared experiments to test out new approaches to our organizing.

The webinar will offer:

• History, purpose, and desired outcomes of the Youth Power Lab
  • Opportunity to engage with some broad assessments of the Youth Organizing field
  • Information on the application process including;
    • Timeline
    • Criteria for participation
    • Application format
    • Application do’s and don’ts

Register for the Youth Power Lab Webinar here.

@Farzana-Pritte @zaps In addition to this “Youth Power” initiative, I also just learned about YOUTH POWER!: Amplifying youth voice and peer advocacy.

YOUTH POWER! is a New York State network hosted by Families Together in NYS that is run for and by youth and young adults. We work to ensure young people have meaningful involvement on all levels of the services they receive. We ensure the availability of Peer Support through persistent advocacy, technical assistance and by offering training and education opportunities.

I thought you’d find this interesting!

This most definitely is interesting! Would they be a possible new allie or perhaps collaboration?

I think so!!! I can report back on the Youth Power Lab. Would you like to explore the YOUTH POWER! initiative? Check out their membership info here.

They have a great message and goal but, unfortunately, I don’t have the time to be committed to it. However, they would be a great allie.

1 Like