One of the things I hear over and over again in the need for youth internships, specifically high school internships.
Here’s what I know so far:
- The Opportunity Network and HERE to HERE run programs that specialize in connecting young people with employment opportunities
- The BKLYN Library and other organizations can often offer stipends to young people. For example, see this post by @emshaw5 Teens: Apply for Bklyn Library Youth Council & Urban Art Jamm!. You can apply to a list of other youth leadership councils (paid and unpaid) here.
- Organizations new to creating high school employment opportunities often need support on things like how to create meaningful work.
And here are my questions:
- If you have/had a high school internship, could you share how you found your internship, what was the pay, and what your experience was like?
- If you host high school interns, can you share what you do and how people can connect with you?
- If you’re looking for high school internships, what are your questions?