- The Muse: Expert advice to answer your career questions.
- How To Find Your Dream Job: A proven fast track for finding and landing your best job yet. Note: This links to a page with great free content, particularly this one with ready to go email scripts for networking, but the page also attempts to get you to purchase an online course. This is not meant to be an endorsement for the course itself.
- Where To Work in Education: What roles exist in education and what does it take to get them?
- StartingBloc: A Fellowship of leaders crafting a future that works for all beings. Our ecosystem spans 2,500 Fellows across the globe, four yearly Institutes, fifteen local chapters, a pro-bono coaching program, and a thriving community.
Note: All of the links below are pre-filtered for education in NYC when possible.
- Rework: We match mission-driven talent to the world’s most socially innovative organizations.
- Onramps: If you’re looking to continue or begin your career in the social sector, we hope you’ll start your search with us. We work with leading mission-driven organizations in a diverse array of issue areas, and we have an extensive track record of successful placements.
- Idealist: We connect idealists with opportunities for action.
- Indeed: The world’s #1 job site, with over 200 million unique visitors every month from over 60 different countries
- #NYCEDU #jobs : Jobs postings by #NYCEDU community members who are happy to put you directly in contact with the hiring manager.
- Education Pioneers recruits, develops, and connects professionals from diverse backgrounds to solve problems from outside of the classroom so students and teachers succeed inside of the classroom.
- The Harvard SDP Fellowship is a two-year program that develops talented data strategists in school systems, state education departments, and nonprofit organizations. By participating in the fellowship, both fellows and their host agencies will grow advanced analytic capacity, develop clear priorities and plans for data and data systems, build organizational willingness to use data for decision-making, and uncover valuable insight about performance.
- The Broad Residency is a leadership development program that matches qualified participants to full-time managerial positions in urban school districts, charter management organizations and federal and state departments of education. Residents often lead major projects like opening new schools, managing budgeting processes, increasing operational efficiencies and supporting major policy initiatives.
Jobs in Education Technology
- Edsurge Jobs Board and Matching Service: Enter your contact information and let Edsurge find your perfect opportunity, and peruse the jobs that are listed. See also: The EdSurge Guide to Getting a Job (or Finding Talent) in the Edtech World
- AngelList: Get a job at a startup. Create an account, then filter jobs for education and New York City.
- GigEd: Connecting Educators To EdTech. Teacher Looking For Side Income or Career Change? Company Looking for Teachers in part-time or full-time? Register for GigEd.
- NY Edtech Meetup: Monthly get-together of people in education technology. A great place to network.
Jobs in School Districts and Networks
- The NYC Department of Education employs 135,000 people, and posts all opening to the public. Of particular interest for many are careers in administrative and central offices.
I have a question or comment or suggested improvement for this guide. How do I tell you about it?
Reply directly to this post!
What is #NYCEDU?
We are advocates for youth-led collective impact. Learn more about us at nycedu.org.
Ideas for Guide Improvement
- [x] Create a web page for this guide. Needs to be easy for people to comment. Medium?~~ Created a webpge on #NYCEDU’s online forum using Discourse
- [ ] Create a form and searchable database for people who want to help. Ask in the form for them to include their favorite job search resource or piece of advice.
- [ ] Include a section that lays out the various non-teaching based spheres of education (non-profits, tech development, services like PD), and the general roles that exist within them (coaching, product and curriculum development, research, etc.)
Our Guide Contributors
- David Fu
- Deborah Chang
- Abram Guerra
- Allison Lee
- Brad Whitwell