November 14th Board Meeting Agenda

Hi team,

I figure out that it makes a lot of sense to create a place for people to add and discuss meeting agenda items, starting with the next meeting items generated from the previous meeting: October 9th Kick off Meeting Minutes

Communications tools and processes training
☐ Launch party venue and planning
Adopt Board Bylaws
☐ Consent to October 9th Kick off Meeting Minutes

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Announcement: @michael and I discussed having him step into facilitating our November board meeting. He’ll be taking over agenda planning now! Look out for updated from him.

@michael, as you put together the Nov. 14th agenda, note that @Farzana-Pritte will be doing the agenda item about training board members on Discourse, our communication and collaboration platform. Yay, Farzana. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Farzana-Pritte - could we touch bases next week to talk about the Discourse training you’ll be discussing at the Nov 14th board meeting? Let me know what days/times work for you next week. Reply here works. Call or text works too (917-943-6225)

Hi Michael,

Does next week, Thursday work for you?

Hi @michael could you please add this location as the place we’ll meet for our next board meeting?
Panera Bread
452 5th Ave, New York, NY 10018

Thank you!
Rachel

Just realized I replied “You Got It!”

But you didn’t get it because in Discourse, replies via email have to 20 characters or longer lol.

Anyway - done! Calendar updated.

1 Like

Hahahah! Awesome & No worries, happens to me with Discourse all the time!

I saw the calendar invite and its all good. Thank you again Michael!

1 Like

You can reply with a “+1” to indicate things like “You Got It!” and “Thank you!” because that translates to a like :heart:

Try it out! How’d it work for you?

Also, sent you some likes myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Folks!

Looking forward to next week!

Here is a document with 1) Prework, 2) Draft Agenda, 3) Detailed Agenda

**Please add any edits to the agenda inside the planning document linked above :smiley: **

Prework

• Review Draft Agenda (see below and in the Board’s Google Drive folder).
  • Look over the Sociocracy 101 primer
  • Review the minutes from the October 2019 Board Meeting
  • Complete survey on NYCEDU’s new name
  • Review and comment on The ByLaws (found here) and Conflict of Interest (COI) (linked here).
  • Review our primer on how to use the Discourse platform

Participant’s Agenda

6:00 PM

Check In

6:10 PM

Vote on Oct 2019 Board Meeting Minutes

6:15 PM

Sociocracy 101

6:30 PM

• Organizational Updates
    • Funding and Partnerships
    • Review Board’s Action Commitments
    • Discuss Board Business

7:05 PM – BREAK

7:10 PM

Training on Discourse platform

7:40 PM

Proposal for a NYCEDU Strategy Session

7:55 PM

• Closing Out
    • Next Steps and Action Commitments :blush:

@deborahchang @rachelkate.miller @Farzana-Pritte @kddennis

1 Like

Gang - a few “Need To Knows” for next week

1. Please arrive on time, so we can start on time. (Agenda is packed.)
  2. If you think you will want to eat or drink at Panera Bread, please try to come 15 to 20 minutes ahead. (So that getting food doesn’t cause us to start late.)
  3. Each board member has to pay for their own food/drinks/meals at this month’s meeting. (If you have questions, please reach out to Deborah.)
  4. Reminder that the meeting will be at Panera Bread - so we will be in an open, and public, space.
  5. The Agenda will be finalized by next Wednesday 11/13 at 5 PM. Hard copies will be provided at the meeting. Digital copies will be available in the Board Circle’s Google Drive folder.

Thanks everyone!

@deborahchang @rachelkate.miller @Farzana-Pritte @kddennis

1 Like

Thanks for this agenda, Michael! It’s freakin’ fantastic. I love the detailed agenda columns - it makes it so clear what information we need and what the goals of each section are.

Hey Team!

Excited to see everyone tomorrow evening.

**Last call for any edits or additions to tomorrow’s agenda - closing it out at noon tomorrow. **

See below.

Here is a document with 1) Prework, 2) Draft Agenda, 3) Detailed Agenda

**Please add any edits to the agenda inside the planning document linked above :smiley: **

Prework

• Review Draft Agenda (see below and in the Board’s Google Drive folder).
  • Look over the Sociocracy 101 primer
  • Review the minutes from the October 2019 Board Meeting
  • Complete survey on NYCEDU’s new name
  • Review and comment on The ByLaws (found here) and Conflict of Interest (COI) (linked here).
  • Review our primer on how to use the Discourse platform

Participant’s Agenda

6:00 PM

Check In

6:10 PM

Vote on Oct 2019 Board Meeting Minutes

6:15 PM

Sociocracy 101

6:30 PM

• Organizational Updates
    • Funding and Partnerships
    • Review Board’s Action Commitments
    • Discuss Board Business

7:05 PM – BREAK

7:10 PM

Training on Discourse platform

7:40 PM

Proposal for a NYCEDU Strategy Session

7:55 PM

• Closing Out
    • Next Steps and Action Commitments

Also a quick reminder about the “Need to Knows” for tomorrow’s Board Meeting:

1. Please arrive on time, so we can start on time. (Agenda is packed.)
  2. If you think you will want to eat or drink at Panera Bread, please try to come 15 to 20 minutes ahead. (So that getting food doesn’t cause us to start late.)
  3. Each board member has to pay for their own food/drinks/meals at this month’s meeting. (If you have questions, please reach out to Deborah.)
  4. Reminder that the meeting will be at Panera Bread - so we will be in an open, and public, space.
  5. The Agenda will be finalized by next Wednesday 11/13 at 5 PM. Hard copies will be provided at the meeting. Digital copies will be available in the Board Circle’s Google Drive folder.