Teens Take Charge Rally on June 6th

If you don’t already know Teens Take Charge, I hope you take this opportunity to join them on their June 6th rally!

For months, we have been calling on Mayor de Blasio to approve a comprehensive plan to integrate NYC high schools. With less than a month until the end of the school year, we have received no indication that he intends to do so. As students who sit in segregated classrooms every day, we don’t have the same luxury of ignoring the problem.

On the morning of June 6, we are hosting a rally to let Mayor de Blasio know why we must #IntegrateNOW.

Will you stand with us?

RSVP for Time and Location Details

The reason I share their work is because as an adult ally, I’ve been so inspired by the way they’ve worked. Meetings are led by youth leaders from all across the city with many diverse backgrounds, they’ve pushed hard on policy makers including the chancellor, showing that there’s real power in youth organizing, and they’re doing really, really hard work that is often emotionally difficult and still, they persist. Youth leaders, please join!

1 Like