Webinar: 5 Key Design Principles for a New Normal from the Work of Donella Meadows on June 30, 2020

I’ll be attending this webinar on designing systems in uncertain times. It’s from 2:00-3:30 pm on June 30th, completely free, and hosted by two organizations whose training has been absolutely fundamental to #NYCEDU’s development: CoCreative and Academy for Systems Change.

@mission-circle I think this is particularly relevant given our need to weave our 2021 strategy.

Check it out and let me know if you’ll also be attending!

Some quotes from the inspiration behind the Academy for Systems Change

A system that can evolve can survive almost any change, by changing itself.

Systems thinking leads to another conclusion, however, waiting, shining, obvious, as soon as we stop being blinded by the illusion of control. It says that there is plenty to do, of a different sort of “doing.” The future can’t be predicted, but it can be envisioned and brought lovingly into being.

When you’re walking along a tricky, curving, unknown, surprising, obstacle-strewn path, you’d be a fool to keep your head down and look just at the next step in front of you. You’d be equally a fool just to peer far ahead and never notice what’s immediately under your feet. You need to be watching both the short and the long term—the whole system.